The 2011 HOCR is Nearly Here!
It’s amazing to think that another Head of the Charles is here already. For those that might not know, the HOCR is the world’s largest two-day rowing event and brings over 300,000 spectators to the shores of the Charles river every October. There are a vendors and an outdoor concert up an down the river.
Saturday, October 22
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, October 23
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
With so much going on and the trailer area so crowded, the Wayland-Weston Crew has again this year reserved a tent in the Reunion Village. For parents, rowers who aren’t rowing this weekend and friends, it’s a great place to watch the racing. Come to Hospitality Tent #2, next to the Weeks Footbridge on the Boston side of the river near the Harvard Business School. Complementary beverages and snacks at the Wayland-Weston tent.
Click on this link to download: HOCR 2011 Reunion Village & Course Map. There is a small entry fee ($3 per person, $5 per couple) to reunion village that goes to supporting the HOCR. (If anyone is willing and available to help set-up, breakdown or serve as a host during part of either day, please let me know.) We will have a few supplies and light refreshments for anyone that stops by.
Cheer for Wayland-Weston Crew entries:
Sunday, October 22
• Event #16, Wayland-Weston Crew Alumni, Club Fours Women, 12:22 start, bow #44
Saturday, October 23
• Event #37, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Fours Men, 10:20 start, bow #39
• Event #38, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Fours Women, 10:47 start, bow #30
• Event #45, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Eights Men, 13:00 start, bow #13
• Event #46, Wayland-Weston Rowing Association, Youth Eights Women, 13:33 start, bow #9
Reunion Village offers many comforts that make it the best place to watch the racing as well as to socialize with your friends: both breakfast and lunch concession stands with seating and hardwood floors, wi-fi Internet access, spectator seating, PA color commentary, hi-defTV display of results, programs, merchandise sales, and rest rooms.
Regatta Web site www.hocr.org.