Packing List for Regattas
- Pack everything in a big gym bag.
- Line the inside of the gym bag with a plastic bag and pack all clothes inside so if it rains, the nice dry clothes won’t get wet.
- Pack a big garbage bag, preferably clear, that your rower could put their whole gym bag inside, so if it’s really pouring it won’t sit in a puddle. Sometimes they have a tent set up to put stuff under.
- If your rower brings their phone, put it in a Ziploc bag—again, in case of rain. My daughter ruined her first phone this way.
ITEMS TO PACK FOR RACING
- Uni or tank and spandex trou
- Long sleeved shirt (Wayland Weston Uniform)—to row in on cold or wet days
- If you don’t have a WWRA shirt, bring another non-cotton long sleeved shirt
ITEMS TO PACK FOR BEFORE AND AFTER RACE TO AVOID GETTING CHILLED
- Fleece jacket
- Extra socks—hiking type or non-cotton
- Rain pants
- Rain jacket
- Extra shirt—non cotton
- Hat—baseball cap for sunny days, warm hat for cold days
- Sneakers for warm up run
- Second pair of shoes for wet weather—girls wear rain boots—boys could wear timberlands or dry pair of sneaks
- Water bottle
- An extra energy bar—yes there’s a food tent, but sometimes the food tent is not yet set up, and rowers can’t go to the tent after their race until the boat is derigged, and they might be STARVING—they could just grab a bar while they derig.
One other note—if it’s raining, have your rower bring their raincoat IN THE BOAT with them—not to race in, but to wear before the race. Often there can be a long wait at the start line, and if it’s rainy and cold, they can get really chilled before the race. Then they can just take it off and stow it for the race.