Invitational Photos Available
See Wayland-Weston Invitational Regatta photos at Joe Provenzano’s Repechange Photography site, http://repechage.smugmug.com/.
Other news of interest…
- Town Crier Sports Correspondents Margo Cox and Henry Gula recap in fine journalistic fashion a memorable week of fours and eights racing in which we hosted top-flight crews including National Championship gold, silver and bronze medalists:
- “Wayland-Weston boys crew faces the iron,” http://www.wickedlocal.com/weston/sports/x289800414/Wayland-Weston-boys-crew-faces-the-iron
- “Wayland-Weston girls crew pitted against elite,” http://www.wickedlocal.com/wayland/sports/x1560843604/Wayland-Weston-girls-crew-pitted-against-elite
- Wayland voters this week have an opportunity to green-light the Recreation Department’s plans for a new beach house at Town Beach. Mark your calendar for voting this Tuesday and Thursday, more info at Wayland eNews http://waylandenews.com/wordpress/elections-2010/debt-exclusion-beach-house-plans/, Friends of Wayland Town Beach, http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=163444251118, or contact Recreation Director Nancy McShea, firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.358-3662.
- Join us for this month’s meeting of the Friends of Cochituate State Park, Wednesday, May 12, 6-7 p.m. at State Park HQ, 93 Commonwealth Road (Rt. 30), Wayland. Refreshments will be served. Visit the Friends at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=205398925526.
- Mike Lowery and the Wayland Surface Water Quality Committee continue their excellent work, in partnership with DCR, Natick, Framingham and others to keep North Pond free of Eurasian milfoil. Check out the latest progress at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Wayland-MA/Wayland-Surface-Water-Quality-Committee/112331025458392.
- If you missed last month’s live broadcast of The Boat Race on BBC America, or if you’d like to see Oxford and Cambridge go at it again, the Beeb has posted streaming video of the race, which runs about 19 minutes, at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/rowing/8601964.stm.